Paula Moraine, M.Ed. is a mentor for teachers in a variety of school environments, encouraging teachers as a supporter and guide.
Mentoring provides the teacher in the classroom with tools for successful navigation of the Teaching-Learning Cycle.
- Assessment – preview of the teaching; the teacher assess the needs of the student(s)
- Planning – planning the lessons for the day/week/block/school year
- Teaching – delivery of the curriculum in the classroom, the day to day teaching experience
- Recording – recording both the teaching and the student responses
- Reporting – reports in written and verbal forms to the student, parent, and colleague
- Evaluating – reviews the teaching and evaluates the student response and the effectiveness of the teaching. This information is absorbed into the assessment and preview of the next phase of teaching.
And the cycle continues………