All tutoring services are provided in an online format.
A variety of video conferencing options are possible such as Zoom, FaceTime, etc. Choosing the appropriate online format is an individualized process and will be adjusted to meet the needs of the specific student. Factors influencing the choice of format and platforms will include the student’s age, access to technology, content of the tutoring, and learning needs.
- is frequently essential for academic success
- is available for a variety of ages in a variety of subjects
- tutoring and coaching can occur together in the same session.
Tutoring is available:
- for students in elementary and middle school, high school, and college
- online as distance learning via video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, etc.
Students requesting tutoring may experience one or more of the following areas of difficulty or learning challenges:
- Dyslexia, or other difficulties with reading
- Writing and written expression
- Executive Function challenges: organization, time management, memory, setting goals, attention
- Test taking
- Note taking
- General study skills
- Course specific content challenges in language arts and math
- Assistive Technology
Tutoring is organized and individualized for each student.
A tutoring session is generally one hour, though the length can be adjusted according to need.